Injection Moulding Technician/Process Engineer – Plastic Processing
Primary objective of this position: Responsible for establishing the optimum process parameters of all Injection Mould tools and ancillaries, ensuring that all plant and equipment is fit for purpose. To assist in developing and fostering a continuous improvement culture, continually seeking out cost reduction and efficiency improvement initiatives.
Reporting to: Technical Manager
Responsibilities and Performance Measures for this role:
- Responsible for establishing the setting parameters of new mould tools to budgeted cycle times and material weight.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all company setting records for all processes and robots.
- Responsible to for maintaining all equipment on Injection Moulding processes including tools and ancillary equipment as directed by Technical Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring all Injection Moulding processes are running efficiently when in Production run mode.
- Responsible for the completion and recording of all Quality checks as specified by the Quality Department.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of all Injection Moulding ancilliary equipment ensuring they are suitable for the tasks required.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment ensuring all gangways are kept free from hazards and all componentry and equipment is stored in the correct location.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Company procedures, paperwork and methods are adhered to and up to date
- Responsible for ensuring all quality standards are met and appropriate departments informed of non-conformities
Other Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for KPIs: OEE, efficiency, quality and conformance.
- Responsible for the training of all machine operators to do the task they are required to perform
- Responsible for ensuring all work is completed safely and with relevant authorisation
- Complete line output summaries during shift.
- Undertake fault analysis and corrective actions when required
- Be an active member of the Plastic Processing Production team across all areas and support CIT activities on the shop floor
- Assist in Maintaining and updating component parameters and registers
- Assist in the repair of equipment with technicians and other setters where necessary
- Identify equipment not fit for purpose.
- Provide day-to-day support to peers and managers as required
- Ensure all pre-production checks are completed in accordance with agreed procedures
- Prepare for and assist in stock checks as required by the Company
- Operate any machine within Plastic Processing when not required in Injection Moulding.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience required:
- Have experience of setting and monitoring Injection Moulding processes
- Good mechanical knowledge
- Instruct team members in the correct application and use of PPE
- Manage all materials for the line/cell in an accurate and proper manner
- Manage and control hazardous substances in accordance with appropriate legislation
Key behavioural competencies:
- Must have a positive and challenging approach to the work environment and fully understand and embrace a continuous improvement culture
- Capable of working under limited supervision
- Tenacious and driven to succeed in a demanding and testing environment
- Able to effectively and positively manage and support the process organisational change
- Works effectively with other departments to achieve a good result for the business as a whole
- Able to maintain discipline within the team at all times (e.g. managing breaks and work tasks)
- High degree of flexibility / initiative, with the ability to communicate across all departments
- Good temperament – can deal with difficult or pressurised situations
- Confident and accurate decision maker
- Calm, clear thinker – even when under pressure
- Practical and hands on
- Awareness of manufacturing pressures and needs to keep equipment operating
Additional skill requirements:
- Can deal with situations to ensure outside influences do not effect performance of department
- Influencing skills within own and Management peer group
- Good sense of urgency and responsiveness to “Setting” situations
- Awareness to permanently resolve all equipment inefficiencies
- Manage demanding individuals to achieve results and Company targets
- Analyse, review and help implement agreed changes within production
- Capable of performing administrative work, miscellaneous paperwork, and data collection